UTV, ATV & Off-Roading
The Mesilla Valley is a great place for UTV trail riding. We have trails for everyone from the casual rider to the experienced off-roader. Below is some information that will help you plan your next ride.
UTV Ordinance Summary
- Vehicle must have a 17-character vehicle identification number.
- UTVs must have one or more headlight and one or more taillight that complies with the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Act (OHMVA).
- The vehicle must have brakes, mirrors and a non-modified muffler.
- The operator must have a valid driver’s license as required under the Motor Vehicle Code or a permit as required under OHMVA.
- The vehicle must be insured, or its operator must have evidence of financial responsibility in accordance with New Mexico state law.
- The vehicle must have a windshield that complies with OHMVA or the operator must use proper eye protection.
- Operators and passengers under 18 must wear a safety helmet that complies with OHMVA.
- The vehicle must be registered with the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division and the validation sticker or license plate must be properly affixed to the UTV.
- The vehicle must have a special off-highway motor vehicle paved road use license plate indicating that the operator intends to use it on paved streets in accordance with provisions of the OHMVA.
- UTV operators must obey all traffic laws and speed limits not to exceed 45 MPH.
RESPONSIBLE RIDING TIPS
UTV Responsible Riding Tips
STATE AND COUNTY ORDINANCES
State of NM Ordinances
Dona Ana County Ordinances
PARTS, ACCESSORIES AND REPAIR
The Power Center
2000 N. Telshor Blvd.
Las Cruces Motorsports
2125 S. Valley Dr.
Throat Punch Performance
3986 S. Main St.