New Mexico does not require that motor coach and commercial bus operators display New Mexico plates when entering the state on a chartered trip. For information on certain fuel and prorated agreements now in force between New Mexico and other states, operators should check with the Motor Transportation Division of the state in which their vehicles are domiciled.

For information on requirements for liability statements and ICC regulations, contact the New Mexico Public Regulations Commission, Transportation Division, P.O. Box 1269, Santa Fe, NM 87504-1269; (505) 827-4519.

For information on motor carrier safety regulations, contact the New Mexico Motor Transportation Division, P.O. Box 1028, Santa Fe, NM  87504; (505) 827-0321. Information about highway and fuel taxes and permits is also available.