When the temperatures start to rise in Las Cruces, there's nothing better than taking a refreshing dip in the pool. With warm and sunny weather throughout the year, swimming is an activity that can be enjoyed year-round in Las Cruces. Whether you prefer an outdoor pool with stunning views of the desert landscape or an indoor pool for year-round swimming, there are plenty of options to choose from in Las Cruces.
If you're looking to enjoy the sunshine while you swim, then you’re in luck. Las Cruces offers outdoor swimming pools and splash pads, where you can enjoy the views while you relax the day away.
- Laabs Pool, situated in Laabs Park, offers a splash pad for young swimmers, a slide, and lap lanes for more serious athletes. You and your family can swim at Laabs Park for a small daily fee or purchase a summer pass for more frequent visitors.
- East Mesa Bataan Memorial Pool is another city-run pool that offers lap lanes, a slide, and more. You can visit this pool for a small fee, or more frequent swimmers can purchase a season pass.
- Metro Verde Park offers a fun and unique way to cool off during the summer months. At Metro Verde Park, you can find a splash pad full of sprinklers and water buckets that both tots and adults can enjoy.
If you prefer to swim indoors or want to beat the heat during the summer months, then an indoor pool is the perfect solution. Las Cruces has several indoor pools available for public use.
- The Las Cruces Regional Aquatic Center is a state-of-the-art facility that features a 50-meter pool with several lap lanes, a therapy pool, and a diving well. Here you can partake in fitness swims, family swims, open swims, and more, all for a small fee.
- Las Cruces Natatorium is a new indoor facility indoor hosting an Olympic-sized pool for lap swimming and conveniently located next to the Regional Aquatic Center.
- NMSU Natatorium, located on the New Mexico State University campus, is open to the public during designated hours and offers a 25-yard lap pool and a diving well.
- Frenger Indoor Pool, located in Frenger Park, offers a heated indoor pool for lap swim, and water aerobics, all for a small fee.
No matter what style of swimming you’re into, we’ve got you covered. Grab your swimsuit and get ready to splash around here in Las Cruces.