NM Hospitality Assoc. recognizes marketing, event, community initiatives
The New Mexico Hospitality Association awarded four Visit Las Cruces (VLC) nominees with top honors during its 2023 TopHAT awards.
“Las Cruces has outstanding attractions, events, initiatives and people in the hospitality industry,” Rochelle Miller-Hernandez, VLC Executive Director said. “We wanted to take the opportunity to recognize these accomplishments. We are ecstatic that leaders in this industry also recognized the outstanding work being done to promote Las Cruces and its surrounding communities.”
Each year the state hospitality association recognizes initiatives and individuals that drive tourism to the state and highlight New Mexico communities. Categories include marketing and advertising campaigns, events, attractions, sustainability efforts and individuals in the hospitality industry.
Nine VLC submissions were finalists and of those four won:
- Best Broadcast Campaign for “The Real New Mexico” Online/Broadcast/Streaming Campaign: The new brand draws from the tagline “The Real New Mexico” to emphasize the authentic and rugged spirit of the city. The campaign used a series of four commercials highlighting the people, landscape, innovative industries and bold flavors of the region.
- The judges felt this campaign deserved recognition for its compelling visual images and diverse market penetration.
- Best Outstanding Event for Spaceport America Cup: The event brings thousands of students from around the world to Las Cruces to participate in the event, bringing an international spotlight to the city and thriving commercial space industry.
- Hospitality Professional of the Year for Russell Hernandez VLC Board/ Salud! de Mesilla/ Experience Mesilla/ Incoming Mayor of Mesilla: Judges noted his work in the community in education, promotion of Las Cruces and Mesilla, and overall efforts to promote and grow the hospitality industry that set him apart.
- Best New Experience for ¡mira! Las Cruces: Turnout for a first-time event, and its ability to highlight the culture and community were noted as reasons Mira! stood out.
“None of this is possible without the work from our dedicated and talented staff, our partnerships with local and state agencies like NMCO Creative Studios, Simply Social, Sinuate, Sunny505 and support from the community and its leadership,” VLC Marketing Director Lorena Lozano said.